Qualifications: Master’s degree or higher in mental health field. Must possess a license from the State of Kentucky that allows for the independent practice of Clinical Services or under the Supervision of an approved Supervisor in the State of Kentucky. Acceptable licenses are: LCSW, CSW, CADC, and LPCC. Provisional licenses are acceptable for up to three (3) years as long as provisional license is current. Must maintain a professional license and stay current (not revoked, suspended, or lapsed in registration), valid and unrestricted.
The Mental Health/Substance Abuse Therapist will be responsible for providing mental health and substance abuse treatment services in an outpatient facility.
The specific duties will include:
1. Clinical assessments, treatment, case management, consultation, referral and education according to the individual’s professional discipline. Services shall be provided in accordance with the A New Start Mission and Substance Abuse Standards as well as within the scope of practice of the individual.
2. Provide therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed to facilitate.
3. Evaluate the individual and family systems as well as assess client’s functioning within work, family and routines of daily living and identifies areas needing continued support, resources and treatment in order to assist clients.
4. Develop, implement, and maintain a treatment plan for each individual client.
5. Maintain case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation. Provide follow-up and aftercare planning services as needed. Expeditiously discharges inactive clients.
6. Attend staff meetings, supervisory conferences, and other activities, which ensure the smooth functioning of clinical operations.
8. Other duties as determined by the Business Operations Director.